Dec 05, 2022  
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog 
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Reenrollment/Readmission Policy

Graduate students wishing to return to the university must contact the School of Graduate Studies and Research for specific instructions.

An application for reenrollment is not required for previously enrolled undergraduate students (in academic good standing) who have registered for classes in at least one of the two previous regular academic semesters. Under these circumstances, simply contact your department for advising and an alternate PIN number. If you do not meet these criteria, then you must submit an application for reenrollment.

1. Reenrollment Application Process

a. Reenrollment Option 1: Academic Good Standing (Cumulative GPA above 2.0) 

Undergraduate students who have withdrawn from the university voluntarily or who have not been enrolled in the previous two or more consecutive regular academic semesters and who are in academic good standing must submit an online application for reenrollment. Applications may be submitted up to one week prior to the start of the semester for which the student wishes to return. After processing the application, the student will be sent information regarding registration.

b. Reenrollment Option 2: Not in Academic Good Standing (Cumulative GPA below 2.0)

Undergraduate students not in academic good standing (regardless of whether the student was academically dismissed by the university or voluntarily withdrew on their own) must submit an online application for reenrollment consideration. Applications may be submitted up to two weeks prior to the start of the semester for which the student wishes to return. An Academic Standards Officer will review the application and make a decision on the student’s eligibility to return. If approved, the student will be sent information regarding registration.


c. Reenrollment Option 3: Involuntarily Withdrawn from the University Unrelated to Cumulative GPA or Academic Issues

Undergraduate students who have been involuntarily withdrawn from the university for nonacademic reasons, as outlined in the Involuntary Withdrawal Policy, must submit a request for reenrollment to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (mail prior to completing the Application for Reenrollment.


2. Procedure for Completing an Application for Reenrollment

Log into MyIUP and click on Academics. You will find “Apply for Reenrollment to IUP” in the Academic Record section. Complete and submit the form. If you don’t have a MyIUP account, claim your account to get MyIUP access. (Note: If you last attended prior to fall 2000, complete a paper “Application for Reenrollment”: For more information on IUP’s reenrollment-readmission procedures, please access the Registrar’s website.


3. Additional Information

a.  Separate from the reenrollment process, a returning student may be required to address outstanding holds of any kind before being allowed to register for classes.

b.  Some programs may have enrollment restrictions that affect reentry. Check with the dean’s office of the college housing the major.

c.  Applications for students seeking to change their major will be forwarded to the Academic Standards Officer of the college of the requested major. A change of major request will be initiated on the student’s behalf. If approved, the Office of the Registrar will officially change the major while reactivating the student account for registration.

d.  Students who want to be considered for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine their financial aid eligibility. Eligibility will be based on financial need, as determined by the FAFSA, and on prior academic record

e.  Returning students may consult with their college dean regarding the applicability of the Cancelled Semester Policy or the Fresh Start Policy to their circumstances.