Total Degree Requirements: 120
(1) If SOC 161 is unavailable, student must complete Global Multicultural Awareness LBST requirement.
(2) Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and “C” or better in Core Requirements.
(3) The Emergency Medical Technician certification is a 150-hour program that requires three to four months to complete 10 patient contacts with an authorized emergency medical service agency or authorized hospital or clinic.
4) The Paramedic certification is a 1,150 clock-hour program with 600 hours in the classroom including 230 hours of interactive lecture and 370 lab hours. A minimum of 550 hours are required in clinical and field settings with a minimum of 250 hours at clinical sites and a minimum of 100 hours during the Summative Capstone Field Internship.
(5) A BS in Public Health – Emergency Medicine requires the completion of both the EMT and Paramedic Certificate. An EMT Certification is required prior to completion of a Paramedic Certificate. Students who complete the EMT Certificate will be awarded 4 credits. Students who complete the Paramedic Certificate will be awarded 30 credits. A combination of these certificates will result in 34 credits toward the BS in Public Health/Emergency Medicine degree. Failure to complete one or both certificates will require the student to revert to the BS in Public Health degree and complete the requirements for the degree.