Total Degree Requirement Middle Level Mathematics: 121
(*) See requirements leading to teacher certification, titled ”3-Step Process for Teacher Education,” in the College of Education and Communications section of this catalog.
(1) Students in the secondary mathematics specialization take MATH 125 and students in the middle level specialization take MATH 121 .
(2) Students in the secondary mathematics specialization take PSYC 101 and students in the middle level specialization take ECON 101 or ECON 121 ; GEOG 101 , GEOG 102 , GEOG 104 ; and PLSC 101 or PLSC 111 .
(3) Students in the middle level specialization take BIOL 103 or BIOL 104 or BIOL 106 /BIOL 116 ; SCI 105 .
(4) Students in the secondary education specialization only.
(5) The following courses are excluded MATH 100 , MATH 101 , and MATH 150 . This course can be used as part of the 6crs of math needed to apply for Step 1 of Teacher Education.
(6) The course meets the PDE requirement of 4cr in geoscience for Middle- Level Education Grades 4-8 certiﬁcation